Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
CologneSky2
Jungspund
Jungspund

16 and 32 player version of maps..

Beitrag von CologneSky2 »

Heya,

just played on WaW yesterday evening/today morning on the smaller versions of some of the known maps. Must say they play quite well (even with more players than intended) and offer nice variety to the so-often-played 64player versions.
For instance Sidi Rezegh on the 16player version (maybe it was 32) is basically a fight for one building (similar to Pavlovs House in FH1 in some ways) and totally changes the gameplay of the map (no tanks, no at guns).

So my question: any chance to include some smaller versions of the maps on HSLAN (maybe for the currently more unpopular maps such as Sidi, Aberdeen, Tunis, etc..)?

Cheerio
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Re: 16 and 32 player version of maps..

Beitrag von ajappat »

I'm all for adding some 32 versions. The sidi 16p is bit too spammy for 64p imho, experienced it few times in FHGN. I would need to take a look at what maps would actually fit well for 64 players. We recently added the 32p St.Lo and I think that plays better than 64p  :0f:
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

We have been adding 32p or even 16p versions of maps randomly in the map cycle in the past - though, that was long ago iirc. I am against a permanent integration into the mapcycle, but it should be possible to set such maps when an active admin decides that player numbers are adequate.
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

^ Totally agree with Bulwey: no permanent integration but optional, so that admin can choose. :)

I liked the smaller version of Lebisey on WaW. But on Warbears Night on the F|H Server some maps were weird, like Bastogne and Giarabub.
Zuletzt geändert von dead_man1876 am 25 Apr 2012, 18:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
hslan.Titania
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Beitrag von hslan.Titania »

I prefer the objective maps in 32p (hyacinth and point du hoc) all others should imho remain 64p
My dear boy, no woman is a genius:
women are a decorative sex.
They never have anything to say,
but they say it charmingly.
They represent the triumph of matter over mind,
just as we men represent the triumph of mind over morals.

Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Grey
Mars
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Mars »

Hi!
PdH 32p isnt the objective map it is a counter-attack map (germans attacking).The objective map is the normal 64p where US have to destroy the big guns at the end.
But isn`t Giarabub 32p an objective map? Would be nice to see Giarabub32p and Hyacinth32p in the rotation for a while.

Hund_am_Mars.
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von ajappat »

Giarabub 32 just has push mode and one flag in oasis north-west of fortress.
Antworten