Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Connection problems...

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Hello everyone,

For the past week, I have had terrible connection problems with the HSlan server AND 762.
I can play for like 5 minutes, and then get the "your connection with the server has been lost" message after a screen freeze.

One more interesting thing is that I lose the connection to both servers at the same time and it also comes back simultaneously after approx. 5 minutes.

Otherwise my internet connection appears to be just fine, so does anybody understand what could be causing this???
It's very frustrating!

Thanks for your time,

Gub
Zuletzt geändert von Gubaru.jp am 16 Jan 2011, 14:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
totaler_humbug
Kaiser
Kaiser
Re: Connection problems...

Beitrag von totaler_humbug »

A friend of mine had this, for some reason it was related with his wireless connection. As soon as he was on cable it worked all fine, but with wireless connection he also had all the time connection problems in BF2 only. The rest worked fine.
Bild
Bild
hslan.Bomben-Johnny
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.Bomben-Johnny »

losing the connection to both servers at the same time sounds like a connection problem of yours. As the servers are completely independent the problem must be caused somewhere in your network environment.

Have you already checked the list of incidences in your modem?
Bild
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies.
The thing is, my connection with other servers seems fine. 762 and HSlan have in common... that they are in Germany?
I'm wondering if maybe the internet cables between our countries are having issues.

I do run a wireless network at home, but my desktop is on a hard wire.
I'll make some checks (btw, how do you check the "list of incidences" in the modem?)

Hope I can solve this soon!
Thanks for your help
Bild
hslan.Bomben-Johnny
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.Bomben-Johnny »

Do you know how to open the modem's control panel in the internet browser? Usually you've got some special IP oder adress you need to type (in my case it is "fritz.box" :0f: )

In This control panel i can choose "Incidents" (I'm not sure if that's the correct translation, there's a whole bunch of words for the german "Ereignis"), which opens a list that shows all the things the modems does, especially connection errors caused by your internet provider.

In my case I can see that my provider serves me with a more than unstable connection (the modem redials regularly).

You can start troubleshooting, by playing on another german server. If you have the same problems you know what's the problem.
Zuletzt geändert von hslan.Bomben-Johnny am 16 Jan 2011, 19:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
Jupp-Fh1
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Jupp-Fh1 »

[quote="Gubaru.jp"]

For the past week, I have had terrible connection problems with the HSlan server AND 762.
I can play for like 5 minutes, and then get the "your connection with the server has been lost" message after a screen freeze.

One more interesting thing is that I lose the connection to both servers at the same time and it also comes back simultaneously after approx. 5 minutes.

[/quote]

Hey there,

You're not alone, I've been having the same issue for the last week or so. It would seem to be related to the new PB update that was done to the servers. When playing on servers not on your continent this can happen. Both HSLAN and 762 simultaneously go out of it for like 5 mins then come back. This usually happens when they release a new patch. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, because this is really starting to annoy me lol

Cheers,

Jupp-Fh1
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Hey Jupp,

Thank you so much for your reply.
It helps to know I'm not the only one, and I kind of suspected this sort of intercontinental problem.

Could someone relay this issue to the developers for their reference?
And if you know any solutions, please drop a line. I want back!!!

Thank you very much.
Bild
Antworten