Battlefield

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

WWI minimod for FH2

Beitrag von Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Hello all,
i am Graf Radetzky, leader of No Man´s land WWI minimod for FH2. We want to convert FH2 to WWI´s brute trench wars, first battles of tanks, airplanes, etc. We have team about 10 persons now.

So my question is: Will some of you be interested in? We need now any help.

After your responses i will show you our work.
Trolske
Routinier
Routinier

Re: WWI minimod for FH2

Beitrag von Trolske »

nice to see that WWI theme seems to get revived! :0m:
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

Thanks for first answer :0b:
So i ll show you our work (still it is WIP):
[img width=1200 height=1109]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8086/screen016w.jpg[/img]
[img width=1200 height=990]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9757 ... 241203.jpg[/img]
Who visits FH2 public forum, he could see it too.
Now i hope, that more will be interested in  :0m:
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Faust »

graphics seem to be a bit basic compared to other mods, but knowing that you have to do most things from the scratch on, its not that bad either.

anyway its good to see some mod-developement for the WW1 szenario. that important war doesnt get much attention nowadays (no fancy weapons beside zeppelin?).
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
Trolske
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Trolske »

Actually, WWI is my favorite scenario and yes, what a pity, that it gets only few attention.

I pretty liked bf1918 although it has some severe weak points. But after i got familiar with BF2, especially FH2, it is not much fun anymore as FH1 isn't either, because of lack of tactical variety and reality compared to FH2, i think.

That's why I am really looking forward to a new mod like it was planned with Bf1918/2.

And i don't mind "basic graphics". Imho good atmosphere and a rational reality is much more important.
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

Thanks for answers, second news:
[img width=240 height=1200]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9109/news2.jpg[/img]
hslan.Bomben-Johnny
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.Bomben-Johnny »

i dont think the graphics are basic. Looking forward to play this mod! :geheimtipp:
Bild
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

NEW NEWS:

Hello and welcome to the first (Warrior-approved Grin)  No Man’s Land News! This will be the last No Man’s Land news with Battlefield 1918/2 content.

First up, we have the Steilhandgrenate Model 1917.

Bild

When World War One began, grenade technology was extremely primitive at best, as not much of the design had changed in over a century. As battles evolved from open fields into grim, muddy trench warfare, grenades became a very important weapon for clearing out groups of enemy ranks while the thrower remained out of the direct line of fire.  Favoured for their superior range over round grenades, many stick grenade variants were produced on both sides, but most notably by Germany.  In 1917, Germany designed and put into production what we now recognize as the classic stick grenade, whose fuses were much more reliable than traditional grenades. It was mainly used as an offensive grenade, and it was designed to kill by its concussion wave, instead of shrapnel, and to stun anyone in the area that it didn’t immediately kill.  This allowed the thrower to immediately follow the grenade in instead of having to hide behind cover, thus making it one of the first and most effective lethal flash-bang grenades.  The grenade design was so effective that by the time 1916 rolled around, German munitions factories were producing over 8,000,000 grenades a month. Between 1914 and 1917, twenty different versions of the stick grenade were fielded.  Even with the high variation of grenades, the Model 1917 was the standard and other models were soon phased out.

Bild

Next up, we have the Geballte Ladung.

Bild

The Geballte Ladung Is essentially six to eight m1917 grenade-heads strapped together and was commonly used for anti-personnel and anti-fortification.  This useful device could blow a door open, a wall down, a man’s body apart, and rip a tank apart.  It came onto the battlefield when armoured cars came out, and when normal machine-gun ammunition wouldn’t penetrate the relatively thick armour. The geballte ladung was used to rip apart that armour and effectively destroy the cars, and when they appeared on the battlefields, the tanks.

Bild

Last, but certainly not least, we have the Mills Bomb.

Bild

The Mills Bomb was designed by William Mills in 1915, but was based off of a Belgian Army design (the Roland Grenade) dating back to 1912.  In 1915 the British army adopted it as its standard hand grenade. Between 1915 and 1918, over 75 million Mills Bombs were developed. It was a fragmentation grenade, filled with Baratol-a mixture of TNT and barium nitrate.  Because its detonator was awkwardly placed, It sprayed out shrapnel unequally.  The Mills bomb underwent many variations, but It was so favoured by the army that it was the standard grenade until the 1970’s.

Bild
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von M00SE »

Nice to see some news from NML. I guess you guys are moving ahead now.

Look forward to trying it out one day soon Rad.  :0m:
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

Well and i forgot to say you about news, which were before these:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/http:// ... ic.php?t=4

But i think some of you saw them :)

And thx moose.
Zuletzt geändert von Graf_Radetzky(CZ) am 28 Feb 2010, 08:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tulit
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Tulit »

Looks good!!!
[align=center]Bild[/align]
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von ajappat »

So you got homepage for your mod or you just release news on other forums?
Trolske
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Trolske »

[quote="ajappat"]
So you got homepage for your mod or you just release news on other forums?
[/quote]
That is my question as well! Nice news anyway!!!

Having read the linked news, i guess the scenarios will mostly take place 1917/18. Nevertheless I personally think, that the French, as the main part of the Allies, would match much better to WWI then US.

It's a real pity that you have only a small team. Especially WWI has many different and intresting parties and places like Austrian-Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Russia and colony scenarios in africa and asia....
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

[quote="Trolske"]
That is my question as well! Nice news anyway!!!
[/quote]

We have forum here: http://thebluecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271
and thanks.

[quote="Trolske"]

Having read the linked news, i guess the scenarios will mostly take place 1917/18. Nevertheless I personally think, that the French, as the main part of the Allies, would match much better to WWI then US.
[/quote]
We know it too, but it isnt as easy to start new nation.

[quote="Trolske"]
It's a real pity that you have only a small team. Especially WWI has many different and intresting parties and places like Austrian-Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Russia and colony scenarios in africa and asia....
[/quote]

I know it too, well we are still trying to recruit more and more people, but it is hard. If you know any other community, you can write some note about us. :)

And we want to have most fronts ingame, for first releases we will mainly focus on late western front.
Graf_Radetzky(CZ)
Jungspund
Jungspund

We got some new news, watch us please on Moddb and FH2
Antworten