Jeah,
but we won't update to an beta version.
we're waiting for a regular version.
inteGReddy
Eroberer
Eroberer
Re: battlefield 2 1.5 beta patch out!!!

Beitrag von inteGReddy »

first of all, I want to say that fh2 works great with the new patch. the only problem is, there arent any dedicated servers hosting it with 1.5, however, i joined my own and it was working great!:
Bild

take note of the version at the top right corner, and the disconnect button at the bottom showing im a in server...

in my opinion, it would be great for some fh2 servers to update so we can all benefit from the better hitbox detection.

A few things you should know about the new beta. first of all, download it here: http://files.filefront.com/Battlefie... ... einfo.html

the first thing you will notice is when you go to fly, your joystick wont work... there is a new menu in the options called "falcon" and your aircraft controls are going to be all wack so your going to have to rebind all of that stuff.

Bild

some dumb overpriced gun controller... it might be cool i dunno. aggravating what it did to the beta though lol.

the game will reset your controls everytime you join a dif server, making you have to rebind all of your stuff again... soo get used to it if your going to be using the new patch.

i tried numerous things, and it appears this is a bug in the code... my controls are correct before joining a server but when you join a server, they're reset to the wack falcon this and you have to rebind them again... im working on figuring out a way to fix this... i tried the following and it didnt work:

Bild

Bild

i also opened every config file for bf and replaced all "falcon" entries with "GameController_0" and it still didnt work.

also, it has built in widescreen support now so i took my shortcut parameters for that out and selected the correct stuff ingame.

there is also a new haptic.con file... dont know much about it yet either.

oh, the cd checking is gone as well so you can unmount mini-images if you were using them like i was.

well shouldlnt have a problem with hackers for awhile, yay! no more ctd noobs. oh, and the hitboxes are amazingly better... i dont want to go to school or work tomorrow i just want to drink coffee and play this all night!!!
Bild
hslan.Simpson
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von hslan.Simpson »

well i think, there won't be any FH2 Servers with this patchversion. it is still BETA.
if the 1.5 patch is out, there will be servers changed to this .
inteGReddy
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von inteGReddy »

[quote="hslan.Simpson"]
well i think, there won't be any FH2 Servers with this patchversion. it is still BETA.
if the 1.5 patch is out, there will be servers changed to this .
[/quote]

yeah. in all honesty, the 1.5 beta will most likely be an ongoing process for months. i personally wouldnt count on an official patch for at least 4 more months.

the hit detection is much better, so far the only bug i found is the problem with it resetting your joystick controls everytime you join a new server. other than that, its great =).
Bild
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

Thanks for sharing your interesting experiences. Great news about the hitboxes, I am very eager to test it.
inteGReddy
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von inteGReddy »

[quote="hslan.Bulwey"]
Thanks for sharing your interesting experiences. Great news about the hitboxes, I am very eager to test it.
[/quote]

it is fun, but the dedicated server files were only distributed to a limited number of server hosts. so this means i wont get to play fh2 and 1.5 together for some time i suppose.

it can get boring quick because most of them are running operation blue pearl or highway tampa. operation blue pearl is okay but higway tampa is horrible now. some iddi decided the jets, which can only take 1 target out before refueling, were overpowered. so how did they remedy the situation? get rid of the jets and replace them with 6 attack choppers which can take out 9 armor targets before having to rearm... iddi. the map used to be fun now its dumb.

there is a Project Reality server being hosted with the new patch, however, it is password protected so i cant join it. me and some friends have done fh2 coop with the new patch and it works fantastically!

if you want to be able to play 1.41 and 1.5 simultaneously just make a new user account, install bf2 and check "only for this user" and then install the new patch on it. that way you can continue playing 1.41 in your normal login, but if you want to play 1.5 you just switch logins.
Bild
N24Reporter
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von N24Reporter »

I don't know if Dice improved their hitbox network code, but I think they just finally updated their bloody cols, so you most likely won't get any improvement in the hitboxes from 1.5 in FH2, since the hitboxes were already redone in 2.0.

Other than that the Patch brings more bugs as it seems, so I will restrain from using it as well.
Bild
Kölsch
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Kölsch »

I would like to know how it relates to the impact of aviation  :0f:
Then I can maybe as a noob in FH2 even a plane crash-free control  :0f:
Bild
Kingtiger
Kaiser
Kaiser

Beitrag von Kingtiger »

[quote="hslan.Kölsch"]
I would like to know how it relates to the impact of aviation  :0f:
Then I can maybe as a noob in FH2 even a plane crash-free control  :0f:
[/quote]

I hope they come up with an Autopilot button, otherwise I stay on the ground and bofors like hell :0f:
Wer andern eine Bratwurst braet der braucht ein Bratwurst Bratgeraet.
inteGReddy
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von inteGReddy »

[quote="N24Reporter"]
I don't know if Dice improved their hitbox network code, but I think they just finally updated their bloody cols, so you most likely won't get any improvement in the hitboxes from 1.5 in FH2, since the hitboxes were already redone in 2.0.

Other than that the Patch brings more bugs as it seems, so I will restrain from using it as well.
[/quote]

well, if im not mistaken the actual netcode was supposedly altered, thus making it more efficient on a multi-level platform basis. however, i do not recommend the ordinary user installing the patch because battlefield must be fully uninstalled/reinstalled to revert back to 1.41
Bild
N24Reporter
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von N24Reporter »

Wonder why no one has gone on the barricades yet as there are traces of securom in the 1.5 patch.  :0o:
Bild
Kölsch
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Kölsch »

@ Tiger:
When I fly, you need not Bofor.  :0f:
Bild
Antworten