Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Loads of new medals, :)

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

Last night, after a 762 Server crash, hslan filled up and it rained medals for all. It was like starting from scratch. Maybe sth. is wrong with the connection to the official awards server.
It was a good fighting night anyway and lot of fun. People started to communicate more intense.
And we had an admin online too! That was great! Many thanks!

Oh, the server was no longer shown here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_gameserver.php?

Please have a look at it. It would be nice to repeat it.
Strat_84
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Re: Loads of new medals, :)

Beitrag von Strat_84 »

Indeed, it was good to be back home.

However I guess someone has tried to implement the code changes that were supposed to break the 64 players limit and it seems to bring random problems.
There was some kind of lag, with sometimes problems to move the aiming sight smoothly, the need to press the key several times to actually get prone, some kind of bug as well with the sprint (after being hurt and using a bandage I have never been able to sprint again, unless I get killed and respawn).

In other words, the server needs some maintenance.

I think the best would be to get back a regular reliable 64 players server for now. If you want to have a working 64+ players server it may be safer to get in touch with the people already having the files instead of trying to do it from scratch.  :smilie062:
hslan.Bomben-Johnny
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.Bomben-Johnny »

[quote="Strat_84"]
However I guess someone has tried to implement the code changes that were supposed to break the 64 players limit and it seems to bring random problems.
There was some kind of lag, with sometimes problems to move the aiming sight smoothly, the need to press the key several times to actually get prone, some kind of bug as well with the sprint (after being hurt and using a bandage I have never been able to sprint again, unless I get killed and respawn).
[/quote]
Indeed, Simpson tried to implement some new code which obviosly is not ver easy. We'll fix that soon.
Bild
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

I can confirm the problems with getting prone. This was annoying and others complained about it in the chat too.

As about the running problem, I experienced it on other servers sometimes too but not last night.
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von $kinny Norri$ »

Yay folks, really was a pleasure to welcome you on our good old server friday night/saturday morning!

The thing is, Strat mon ami, we need to pump the server up, otherwise we just ain't able to compete with 762, as we found out in the last months.
Help from those you talked about, who got the files, well there's: NONE.

So Simpson gathers information everywhere and tries things out, it's probably worth a try ...
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

64+ support should be secondary because:
- there are few players these days anyway
- many maps just aren't fun with 64+ players because not desinded for and end being a meat grinder
- many people notice lag with 80+ players on the server, I read that in chat and I was affected too
- most important is to show up here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_gameserver.php?
in order to be taken into account.

Please get the server back on the list and the awards functioning. Then u can still try to get the 64+ support running. It can be difficult. It took a few weeks on the 762 to get it tweaked. I remember some players going on populated servers to promote the testing of the 64+ server, then it often crashed and the same players tried to get the people back on the 128p server. I was reluctant but most followed the calls and I was soon alone. The pure 762 server and the VBIOS server still have players though the 128 p server is not full. And these servers don't have 64+ support. You won't get any players again as long as the server is not on the list and not supporting the official awards.
hslan.Simpson
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von hslan.Simpson »

it is fixed now.
Strat_84
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Strat_84 »

Skinny, when talking about help I was not thinking about 762 (of course, they did everything to get a monopoly) or the guy that developped the exe (I've seen he seemed to ignore messages even though he said he would give the files to people who ask).
I rather thought about the guys from F|H / WaW . They have a 130 players server up and running, and they have absolutely no interest in keeping HSlan down. ;)
hslan.kole feuit
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.kole feuit »

na, das ist doch mal eine gute Nachricht! Man braucht uns also doch noch.  :hsrules:
Ich spiele weil es Spass macht, nicht für Scores, Platz und Sieg.  :0j:
Im Übrigen kann ich nichts dafür, dass es, als ich jung war, noch keine Computerspiele gegeben hat.
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

[quote="hslan.Simpson"]
it is fixed now.
[/quote]

many thanks!
Hslan is back!
Antworten