Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
Karriz
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Allowed player and squad names?

Beitrag von Karriz »

Tonight I saw a guy with a squad named "Wehrmacht" getting kicked. While I understand that hateful names must be forbidden, I found it a bit over-sensitive. Wehrmacht is an army name, just like Red Army, US Marine Corps, Afrika Korps and so on. All of them have done war crimes.

I heard that you ban "Rommel"- named players as well. As far as I know, Rommel was not among the worst criminals. Are names like Mannerheim, Molotov and Bobrikov banned?

I do respect your rules, but I hope you consider your policy towards this. Is there a list of forbidden names somewhere?

EDIT: I just realized that your clan is German. I understand perfectly that your history is a sensitive matter in your country.
Zuletzt geändert von Karriz am 18 Mai 2012, 22:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ike

Re: Allowed player and squad names?

Beitrag von ike »

Why the f...ck you all war fetishists want to call you such like this...turn on your brain, do you have no imagination ?
pureperversions
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von pureperversions »

we get all sort of names for squads so have to be firm, waffen ss etc even had person ask if ok to use jew hunters as squad name, my history is poor but always thought wehrmacht was rebranding of the german army by the nazi goverment?
Karriz
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Karriz »

[quote="ike"]
Why the f...ck you all war fetishists want to call you such like this...turn on your brain, do you have no imagination ?
[/quote]
Sorry, but who are you talking about?

Personally I never use historical player/squad names, but neither do I have anything against them, as long as they're not insluting towards any ethnic group.

Many games show Wehrmatch as a team name, like Day of Defeat and Company of Heroes. I don't think it's an insulting term at all.

It may be difficult to draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not.
ike

Beitrag von ike »

I mean "you" (Not you personally) in general - I responded to your relativization of the names like "rommel" etc., and the allusion to a renewed discussion concerning the nicknames in a WW2 game.
All those Nicks and Squadnames are a provocation of the server admins and the server rules - thats what i mean with "no imagination"

- all clear??

greetz ike
Antworten