How to make more people find your FH2 server?

Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

How to make more people find your FH2 server?

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

Hello,

in order to decide if I will start FH2 I'll first check numbers on different FH2 servers in a web browser (for different reasons) and I think that I'm not the only one. I use that crappy game-monitor.com site and gametracker.
Problems: game-monitor.com often doesn't update correctly and gametracker has no option for mods, so I have to search for battlefield 2 servers containing forgotten hope or FH2 in their name.
Is there another possibility to get a list of all FH2 servers and actual player numbers except the ingame browser?
Because game-monitor.com does not update correctly, often your server is not at the top, even when not empty. They won't fix that soon, because they constantly seem to have problems.
Regarding gametracker you get several hits when searching for FH2 but only 3 when searching for forgotten hope. I'm sure that there are people who do not bother searching for "forgotten hope" when they get enough hits for FH2 and see some populated servers like 762.
I think that changing your server name or description to sth. containing FH2 instead of forgotten hope, will make it easier to be found.

just my two cents
CologneSky2
Jungspund
Jungspund

Re: How to make more people find your FH2 server?

Beitrag von CologneSky2 »

why would one not simply go to:
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_gameserver.php?

and check servers there?
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

Thank you for the link. It didn't notice it. Though many new people use more general platforms to check gameserver load. Who likes to visit a different site for every game he wants to check out? Besides there are not all FH2 servers listed, so chances are, that it won't be used by all actual or potential FH2 players.
Zuletzt geändert von dead_man1876 am 27 Apr 2012, 17:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
CologneSky2
Jungspund
Jungspund

Beitrag von CologneSky2 »

actually it covers all "ranked" servers, so basically all besides 762..
Antworten