Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
CologneSky2
Jungspund
Jungspund

Comander on/off "exploit"

Beitrag von CologneSky2 »

Heya,

just wanted to start a general discussion about a so-called exploit.
What do you think about commander switching on/off in order to get kill scores for field arti kills.
I have seen this so often (was always wondering why one always sees the "commander in on duty" message), so today I decided to play as commander on PdH and place field arti and then switch off, in order to get the kill scores.
Well, pureperversions (and psychfallet) then told me that was an exploit, so I (ofcourse) immediately stopped doing so. (who wants to stand up against admins ;-))

What is the general stance on this issue? Has this been discussed before? Do you consider this legit or an exploit?
If this is considered an exploit, I think it should be explicitly mentioned in the server rules.

Just a couple of thoughts:
Pro exploit:
- It was apparently to intended to get kills from field team arti
- It is rather lame to get massive kills without exposing oneself to battlefield

Contra exploit:
- Tkills from commander arti give you penalties, so if you play as commander and risk the penalties it is only "fair" to get the bonus as well
- Average kill scores achievable do not allow "harvesting" points, probably easier to get kills from normal arti than the commander arti, which has long reload time

One last thought on the "it was not intended" argument: Picking up ammo kits, placing ammo close to arti and the picking up former kit in order for ammo kit to respawn, is probably not intended as well, but I guess everyone would accept it as legit?
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Re: Comander on/off "exploit"

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

I think that it should not be allowed for the sake of gameplay. The guy could get kills using usual arty as well without exposing himself, but for the sake of gameplay: increased number of messages on the screen, not being sure if there is a commander or not, etc. it shouldn't be allowed.
Antworten