Help ! Hilfe ! Aidez Moi ! EA-Server suddenly hates me ...

Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

Help ! Hilfe ! Aidez Moi ! EA-Server suddenly hates me ...

Beitrag von $kinny Norri$ »

Hello everybody,

some of you guys know I talk alot - mostly on the server, especially when drunk -  but not so often in the Forum ...

So, the reason why I post here is a real emergency:
I wanted to join yesterday and couldn't connect to the EA-server, it says "the server has refused the coneection".
Of course I checked all kinds of discussions of that problem, many problem hated the Big Goddamn Pusher EA for it, but most discussions about it are from years ago and there seems to be no clear solution ... or thousands, but the ones that are not "reinstall" dont work ...

Did anyone of you ever have the same problem? Any ideas?

However, I'll have BBQ and cuba-Libre now, but at least tomorrow I'll freak out when it still doesn't work  :0o:

btw I posted here in the FH2-forum as theres different ways to handle this problem in different Mods and versions of BF2, so ...

BBQ-Guests arrived ... so thx in advance and don't get boogie-woogied  :0c:
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Re: Help ! Hilfe ! Aidez Moi ! EA-Server suddenly hates me ...

Beitrag von M00SE »

Hey Skinny.

I've never had or heard of this problem before so can't give you a fix for it.  It may just be a temporary fault with the Gamespy server host. I have had the same type of problems with other Gamespy related games many times. Gamespy tends to take a dumb every few weeks. Give it a day it might fix itself hopefully.

but if it comes to a matter of a full reinstall.... if you copy your Battlefield folder before you uninstall you will only need to reinstall the basic Battlefield game, then it's simply a matter of writing over the new game folder with the one you have copied. This way you won't have to install the Bf patches and all the FH2 stuff again.  Copy your profiles folder aswell while your at it.

It will only take you 15 minutes this way. Hope it helps you a bit mate. Goodluck  :0m:
Dooppie
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Dooppie »

Hi $kinny Norri$, I hope you fixed the problem.
Maybee very slow internet connection?
Ones I have almost no internet and i could not logg in EA server.
Just an idea, maybee other people know more solutions.
Have a nice BBQ Skinny  :0f:
Bild
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

Heya Folks, thx for your imput !

No Sir, it's not the connection ... it's been fine all the time since the problem started on friday. Also, the option Moose mentioned (the EA-server might have been in trouble and the problem solves itself - happened to many other BF2-gamers since 2005 btw) seems to be off the list ... after 3 days, trying in different daytimes  :0d:

I'm just working on it now, reiinstalled the moosey-way (saving me a lot of time) ... and ... still the same s***t. Btw I also can't connect when starting BF2 instead FH, when using a new profile ... when throwing the DVD against the wall six times crying "Get the hence, Satan!" ...

So I just started gathering the whole patch-stuff ... and will do a full reiinstall ... aaaahhhhh

Hope to meet you on the batllefield again, don't know where, don't know when
Corvax
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Corvax »

Any chance some ports or your computer IP changed randomly ? Had that a couple of times, that my computer ip in the network somehow got switched, and thus the port forwarding for bf2 didnt work anymore. Changed it in the router settings and everything was fine again :)
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von M00SE »

s***t, bad news Skinny, It sounds like a reinstall is a waste of time to be honest and the problem is server/router specific.

can you create a new profile and log in on that one at all ? worth a try.

Or even better re-register altogether with a new Email account (if thats possible, I think it is).

Also it could be well worth while ringing the EA telephone support line, I had to ring them when I installed BF2 because I could not register the game. It turned out that because I already had a Gamespy account linked to the email I was using I could not use it to register BF2 with Gamespy. If they had wrote that some where in the manual I would have saved a good 5 hours of frustration for sure. :0f:

To be fair they are probably your best bet as this seems to be an EA problem.

Good luck mate, may the force be with you !
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

s***t f**k indeed  :0f:

yeah, I tried the new-registering out already, with extra mail-account and all that - can't even do that as I just can't connect to EA-server

A pretty good idea you had, Corvi (und ich dacht noch: na klar, nicht verzagen, corvi fragen) ... but after creating a ... well, in English (??) ... "Rule" on the router for the fwd-ports (and there's one for BF2 doing the settings automatically) it still didnt't work.
Still that's an interesting path to go, is there anything else I should have a look at on the router?

However, time to go to bed, and in the end you are probably right Moose: I'll call the damn hotline of the Big Pusher tomorrow ... Maybe Obiwan will be on the phone

Thx for your help guys, cya

P.S. My sweetheart sits on the couch, laughing, saying things like "so there is justice in the end" or "Lord, thank you" .... she's so mean - damn I love that bitch  :0b:
Tulit
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Tulit »

:lol18:
[align=center]Bild[/align]
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von M00SE »

You will definitely get Obiwan when you ring up.

It won't Obiwan Kenobi though, it will be Obiwan Pattel from Calcutta.

His english won't be great either so just be prepared for some really retarded moments while you try and explain the situation to him over and over and over again..........

Maybe quicker for you to learn the Indian language before telephoning  :0f:
Zuletzt geändert von M00SE am 07 Jun 2010, 18:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

:0b: No Callcenter-Indians  :0b: No more searching the forums  :0b:

All it needs is Obiwan Ke-Mori(bund) !

We just had a call concerning sth completely different - and this brilliant little smartass had the solution:

Going to the network-environment, hiding the UPnP-symbols (what closes the firewall-port) and reactivate it .... DONE ... so Corvax actually was on the right way, but dabbling in the router-settings - as I did - well, it's easier that way ...

So, see you soon in war and jippijajey
Antworten