Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Forgotten Hope News Update: 11th March 2010

Beitrag von Faust »

Hell'o Kitty Hellspawn

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today we bring you a very fast tank killer and a first for the FH2 mod team.

Bild

First up we have a brand new Allied tank-destroyer for our Normandy maps: The 76mm Gun Motor Carriage M18, or more commonly, the M18 Hellcat. Production began in July of 1943. Unlike the M10 tank destroyer, which used the chassis of the M4 Sherman, the M18 was designed completely from scratch to be a tank-destroyer. Its first taste of combat was in Italy, but the Hellcat also saw action in both north-west Europe, and in the Pacific. However, due to the poor quality of Japanese armor, the M18 was used in more of a fire support role.

Armed with a 76mm gun and powered by Wright R-975 engine, the Hellcat was the fastest tracked vehicle of World War II, with top speeds reaching 60 mph (97 kph). This proved especially useful when flanking German tanks, since most had a fairly slow turret traverse speed. The M18 did have some drawbacks though. Mainly, it had very thin armor and could not take on the heavier German tanks in head-to-head engagements. Its open top also left the 5-man crew not only exposed to grenades and shell fragments, but the weather as well. The M18 Hellcat was made by Pointblank86.

Next up, let us introduce to you what we hope will be a continuing series, the first Forgotten Hope 2 Dev Blog. Today's update focuses on one of the newer developers, spitfire05 and some of the new features he has coded for FH2. Enjoy!

Hey there. I'm Spitfire05. I joined the development team one and a half a months ago, and I mainly write python scripts and work on tweaking various code for FH2. I want to start this first dev blog by speaking of two new gameplay features.

Spawnwaves:
    With the next patch we'll be introducing a new gameplay change, called Spawnwaves. Originally brought up by developer Natty Wallo and inspired by the same BF1942 feature, many of our old timers will be familiar with this new addition. My hope is that this will add another layer of teamwork and immersion to FH2. The idea is to have the players spawn within the same general time frame and therefore boost the immersion and reinforce the idea that you're not alone on the battlefield.

The new spawnwave system is very simple. Basically, the server automatically counts down in pre-determined intervals (set by server admins). When this countdown reaches zero, everyone on your team (who is dead) will be given a window of 7 seconds to spawn. At which point, another countdown will begin and the process will repeat. In essence, the player will have to do nothing but wait, and will look 100% identical to the older BF1942 spawnwave feature.

Team Spawnpoints:
    I've been working on another gameplay feature that's been implemented into the next patch. A team-spawnpoint system, also proposed by Natty Wallo. What this will allow our mappers to do, is to have an easy way to add spawnpoints usable for only one team, and another set of spawnpoints at that same flag that are only usable by the other team. A picture is worth a thousand word, so here's a simple demonstrative image.

My hope with this is to cut down on the amount of dummy flags on maps (which had to be used to achieve the same effect but was a lot more complex) and more importantly reduce the amount of spawn-camping on certain maps.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about these new mod components, and more-so, our first dev blog.

That's all for this week, but be sure to come back next time for another update. Until then, feel free to visit our IRC channel and our public forums to discuss this update and other news.

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main ... 2&flash=no
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
Kölsch
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 11th March 2010

Beitrag von Kölsch »

Schöööönes Auto  :0f:
Bild
Trolske
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Trolske »

Klingt vielversprechend!!! :0m:

Die Startwellen und Teamstartpunkte werden bestimmt eine Bereicherung für das Spiel sein.

Nur ist mir nicht mehr ganz geläufig, ob das mit den Wellen wirklich in BF42 schon so war?!?
Ist wohl schon zu lange her :0m:
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Faust »

jup, war so.

wenn du glück hattest warst du in kürzester zeit wieder im gefecht, bei pech war das gegenteil der fall.
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
Dooppie
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Dooppie »

M18 Hellcat is cool  :0f:
a Cromwell tank is fast but this one must be very fast on the battlefield.
Driving off hill this tank must be fast as a plane  :0c:
Bild
THeTAO
Foren As
Foren As

Beitrag von THeTAO »

I will install 3000 wat boxes on my hellcat, charge down the hill/across the fields with wagner-Ride of the valykries playing!
Tulit
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Tulit »

Kilroy was here :0f:
[align=center]Bild[/align]
GN_Joker
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von GN_Joker »

[quote="THeTA0123"]
I will install 3000 wat boxes on my hellcat, charge down the hill/across the fields with wagner-Ride of the valykries playing!

[/quote]

Don't forget to take some Schnitzels with you.  :0g:
Bild
THeTAO
Foren As
Foren As

Beitrag von THeTAO »

CURSE that angrybeaver and his spreadings of schnitzel!
Trolske
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Trolske »

[quote="THeTA0123"]
[/quote]

Hahaha, you mixed up Hellcat with Sherman, has anyone seen "Stoßtrupp Gold" resp. "Kelly's Heroes"?  :0f:
Catwisel
König
König

Beitrag von Catwisel »

[quote="Trolske"]
Hahaha, you mixed up Hellcat with Sherman, has anyone seen "Stoßtrupp Gold" resp. "Kelly's Heroes"?  :0f:
[/quote]
sure it is an great movie !

It so funny when the sherman shoot the paint ammo against the tiger .....rofl

btw.. hellcat nice tank indeed !
Antworten