Mapcycle

Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Andreas113917
Jungspund
Jungspund

Re: Mapcycle

Beitrag von Andreas113917 »

was ist eigentlich mit den Maps die man kurz vorm 2.3 release runterladen konnte ?
Das waren Berchtesgaden,Omaha und viele weitere maps, macht die doch in die Rotation rein.

Die machen sich sicher super
Corvax
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Corvax »

Das sind keine offiziellen Maps. Viele Spieler würden diese nicht haben und dann vom Server fliegen wenn sie dann anlaufen. Als Event kann man sowas vielleicht machen, aber in die Rotation werden die nicht reinkommen.
katakulli
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von katakulli »

Could you guys delete mount olympos from maplist please? Because it often kills your server.
Bild
Capten_C
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Capten_C »

Mount Olympus = Server Killer In the later hours you can have  28 v28 and gg's  Then this map comes on and it's 17 v 17  and dwindling

I know there are some weirdos (  :0f: ) that like to play it, so fair enough I usually have a break and leave, then last night I left when it was on. 3 maps later it was back again!
I'm sure, it was Olympus - Totalize - Gazala - Luttich - OLYMPUS AGAIN!  It drags on and on for ages....

Why does it pop up so often in the cycle? Is there a way to have more maps inbetween?  :0k:
Theft...is the sincerest form of flattery!
GN_Angrybeaver
Haudegen
Haudegen

Beitrag von GN_Angrybeaver »

olympus is only once in the mapcycle right after totalize.
somebody must have switched the map and didnt pay attention.
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von M00SE »

can you pop Sfakia back in while your at it...

not played it for months now...

thankyou please.
Beaufort
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Beaufort »

[quote="Capten_C"]

I know there are some weirdos (  :0f: ) that like to play it, so fair enough I usually have a break and leave...
[/quote]

Great. Seriously, if you leave everytime it comes up you have no right to criticize it. And just because YOU don't know how to play it doesn't make US "weirdos". People usually dont like this map because they cant tank-rape the infantry hundred meters away from the line, and that's IT.
Zuletzt geändert von Beaufort am 08 Nov 2010, 17:35, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
totaler_humbug
Kaiser
Kaiser

Beitrag von totaler_humbug »

Wow, Beaufort, did you had a bad day? I strongly dubt that he meant it that serious.
Bild
Bild
Beaufort
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Beaufort »

No, that is just not funny. Every time this great map is loaded you see vets and noobs typing crap like "omg, I hate this, change map plizz" and oftenly put nothing good against the ennemy (mostly the axis guys). Just get yourself some good squad leaders and you'll have a great time.
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Take it easy Beaufort,

This thread is just about opinions regarding the map cycle.
As far as I understand, Capten_C was just making two points:

- a considerable amount of players seem to dislike that map
- it popped up more often than it should

No need to go to war over this...
Bild
Beaufort
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Beaufort »

Of course not.  :0h:

Still, Mount Olympus is a great map and I defend it.
Zuletzt geändert von Beaufort am 08 Nov 2010, 18:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Capten_C
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Capten_C »

Yes the "weirdos" (  :0f: ) thing is tongue in cheek, no offence intended :)

I won't go on about it any longer. We all have our good and bad maps. I have tried and often do stick it out with this map. It is one of the most beautiful and detailed FH2 maps hands down, no argument there.

I probably have 100+ hrs playing it, and in my experiance there's a lot of waiting/hanging around, tanks take so long to meet each other that they're usually destroyed before an encounter...flags are far apart etc 
It's just that evening it appeared twice, I have around 2 hrs set aside for gameplay and Olympus can drag on and on...

Ok, see you at the next Olympus weirdos get together!  :0f:
Theft...is the sincerest form of flattery!
Ts4EVER
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von Ts4EVER »

It was redesigned for 2.3 though.
Beaufort
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von Beaufort »

The players are getting hysterical against this map. Last round, half the server left and the other half stayed doing almost nothing (axis guys, again). Not that it was impossible, I drived to monastery with a pz II and capped the flag alone against 4 guys and two tanks, but meanwhile the whole "team" was at castle and let Leptokaria be retaken... No infantry was attacking Leptokaria at the begining, just some tanks sitting around. And no squad leader was moving to take it back after it was recapture. Seriously, I love this map, but seeing it played like this is just worst than not playing it at all. Remove it from the map cycle.
Zuletzt geändert von Beaufort am 10 Nov 2010, 01:34, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
$kinny Norri$
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von $kinny Norri$ »

Dunno if anyone who has a hat on still reads this thread but once again, being on the server right now and pretty bored after 30 minutes OLYMPUS running (still millions of tickets left of course), I must say:

GET THIS MAP OUT PLEEEAAASE

when it started a almost northern corean majority of players said "No" "njet" "nar" and "NAIIIN" - except Beaufort of coursem who had his tankrides and disappeared himslef after 20 minutes  :0f:

It's too sad a crowed server gets into Koma for an hour cuz of it .... too many don't reach the end of this annoying marathon
Antworten