Forgotten Hope

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Jackson
Lebende Foren Legende
Lebende Foren Legende

Re: Mapcycle

Beitrag von Jackson »

Hi.
Ich zock jetzt seit 2 Wochen FH2 und muss sagen: Ich kann die Maps langsam nicht mehr sehen.
Ich würde gerne mal Pointe du Hoc, Gazala oder Operation Lüttich zocken, aber jedesmal kommen immer die gleichen Maps die ich schon kenne.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hat hier nichts zu suchen.
Der Sound und die Grafik ist ja super, aber das Gameplay zwischen Kimme und Korn - da kann ich jedesmal kotzen.
Das Gleiche mit der Artillerie oder dem Mörser, dafür bin ich zu blöd. Fliegen kann ich auch nicht, wegen fehlender Außenansicht. ------- Mit der Gewehrgranate treffe ich alles.
:0f:
Bild
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

[quote="hslan.Jackson"]
Ich würde gerne mal Pointe du Hoc, Gazala oder Operation Lüttich zocken, aber jedesmal kommen immer die gleichen Maps die ich schon kenne.[/quote]
Du bist doch Admin - setz die Maps doch einfach und verändere damit die (etwas statische) Zuordnung von Map = Tageszeit.
Jackson
Lebende Foren Legende
Lebende Foren Legende

Beitrag von Jackson »

Ich bin nur Admin für denn EoD Server. Für BF2 will ich mir das nicht antun.  :0f:
Zuletzt geändert von Jackson am 04 Mär 2011, 12:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
psykfallet
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von psykfallet »

Hope you can add some more maps that have been updated in gameplay. Hyacinth, Ramelle and Sidi Rezegh comes to mind.
KugelblitzCH
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von KugelblitzCH »

Operation Hyacinth, Operation Aberdeen, Mersa Matruh und Siege of Tobruk hab ich schon ne Ewigkeit nicht mehr gesehen... Wie soll man denn da jemals das Afrika-Band kriegen?  :0f:
[7th-Cav]Priest
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von [7th-Cav]Priest »

Hi guys :-)

I have a surgestion, it would be nice if you would add som more maps to the rotations and perhabs remove a feew so you eventuelly play all the 35 maps or so over time in rotation.
what i mean excatly is this, one week you play 15 maps then next week you take out 5 and put in another 5, then after another week you replace the 5 older maps with another 5 etc etc. ( or more, depending on what you like ) just and ider, and besides i think from what i can read ingame alot of peoople long for more maps or different maps in the map rotation.

I especially miss Ramelle, st. lo. Breakthrugh, Even bardia would be nice.

Either way if i havent said it in a long time il say it again, bedst server, admins are greate. Im so glad HSLAN server is back in buissnes. And i will do my bedst to keep it that way.
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

Thank you Priest!
We will add more maps very soon - you know, it's holiday time and there is only a few people in the clan who can actually change the mapcycle. So expect the mapcycle to be updated within the next week (at least I personally can only do it next week due to Wacken trip!).
[7th-Cav]Priest
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von [7th-Cav]Priest »

Year i noticed sins a couple of days now that we have goten more map :-)
Thumbs up:-)
Catwisel
König
König

Beitrag von Catwisel »

Done  :0f:

At the moment we have changed our map cycle.

So you will be able to play some of the updatet older maps  :0f:
Ts4EVER
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von Ts4EVER »

Sorry for dragging this one up. But I have the distinct feeling that some maps should be removed from the rotation, especially if no admins are on to skip them if needed. Some examples would be Mersa Matruh, Aberdeen and maybe Mount Olympus. There is no point in keeping these maps on if 15 players drop each time they come up. On top of that, it would give the devs feedback on which maps to rework, cause they can see which maps are played in the ranking statistics.
Capten_C
Mitglied
Mitglied

Beitrag von Capten_C »

Wie gehts Hslan!  :0m:

Sidi Rezegh. Great map!  Runs too long though. I asked dev Kev4000 about it and he said it's possible to set tickets for maps server side. If you can do so, how about removing 150 tickets each for both sides? Just an idea?

As it is, the map is a server killer in the evenings.  :0k:

Vielen dank!  :0c:
Theft...is the sincerest form of flattery!
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Beitrag von dead_man1876 »

IMO most of the time not the maps are the problem, but how we play them. Here are some hints how to improve map playability without Devs and admins:

- Usually veterans use their experience to pawn new players which frustrates the new players, making them to quit in face of such superior skill. They need a perspective and a chance to get better. It is OK to use your skill at it's best  but please spend a bit of your time to introduce less experienced players of your team to the game. You can see their faults if you pay a bit of attention at what other team members are doing. I think that a lot less players would quit if veterans would spend a bit of their time to explain, give hints, be a bit authoritative about team play and force new players to obey or kick them out of the squad. Either you are the SL or you have someone being SL who does what you, as a veteran, say. This leads to the next point:

- Another thing that Veterans can do: be squad leader. It is not a beloved task among veterans because they get less kills and less action. But they should do it more often. If they would do so (even at the cost of their K/D ratio or points, which are anyway high enough and would not suffer much) many more people would enjoy playing FH2 because of having experienced Squad Leaders.

(Here the Devs could help a bit by disabling SL spawning and introducing rally points and/or FOBs. This would make the SL job more attractive because he can fight more and hide less. SL spawning -  which I hate, because it's so unrealistic - is a topic of its own. If this would be changed, the maps would be played differently. @Devs: please change this before you try to rework or balance out maps. In the forgotten honor FH2 campaigns there is no more SL-spawning - thankfully.)

- The third and last thing that comes to my mind about the role of veterans is that they are an example that others try to follow in order to improve. The veterans also usually play fairer then some new players. Some new ones try to achieve an advantage by playing unfair or almost unfair instead of keep playing until they get better. This again frustrates other new players. Even more so if these suspect foul play. Here veterans should be aware of being an example and keep playing fair and also cooperate with each other across both teams to enforce fair play. E. g. one should not tolerate foul play of his comrades because they belong to his team, but tell them that it is against the rules and to stop it. Many do it many times, but the more the better.

Conclusion:
The maps are less to blame than the way we play them.
Zuletzt geändert von dead_man1876 am 31 Jan 2012, 11:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Addition to the post above:
Kicking so. from the squad, who does not what he is told to, makes room for another player if your squad is full and IMO the effect will be that the kicked player will try to improve in order to be accepted in a squad and will join squads more often. Notorious lone wolves won't be cured but others will be.
Don't kick more than one at a time and tell the others whom and why you kicked. This will increase obedience or (in cases of extremely bad leadership) empty your squad.
Squads with good SL are always full, but not all full squads have good SL.
Zuletzt geändert von dead_man1876 am 31 Jan 2012, 11:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
N24Reporter
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von N24Reporter »

Hi guys, could someone change the map rotation a bit? At the moment it seems to be on a steady rotation which repeats itself almost in a 24h cycle because every evening I try to hop on for a game or two I either end up on Crete, Ramelle or Cobra. All three maps aren't that bad, but if those are the only ones you get to play on, they do get old fast.

I would suggest mixing the map rotation a bit, this could also help to win over more people during prime time.

Thanks for reading
  N24
Bild
dead_man1876
Eroberer
Eroberer

Das hat bis vorgestern gestimmt, aber gestern lief es wieder normal und da das cycle länger als 24h ist, kommt es nicht jeden Tag zu den gleichen Maps.
Siehe gestrige statistik. Ich hatte Schwierigkeiten draufzukommen, weil es fast ständig voll war:
Dateianhänge
hslanstat.PNG
Antworten