Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Suggestion to server settings

Beitrag von ajappat »

Hi

I would love to see that "hit indicator" removed. Not sure what it's name really is, but I mean that cross wich appears when you hit someone or red circle when you use vehicle and hit someone. I once played on server without it and I liked it very much. There are several reasons why I think it's better without it.

First off, you don't know did you hit someone in real life (atleast with magical cross) and even in game if you hit someone, you can still see blood if you hit. Second, it makes tank battles better, as you can't always be sure did you score hit or not, excitement is salt of life  :0j:. Also in tank battles you can't just leave your sights on place where it flashed red circle last time you shot, you really have to think how you aim. Third reason is due BF2 crappy hitboxes. Sometimes you shoot lethal hit to enemy, it shows this magic marker that your shot found it's way to enemy but no kill becouse of lag or bad hitboxes. If you don't see the cross, you simply think "oh well, maybe I missed".

What do you think about this hslan members? I'd love to see this change permanently on your server and would be nice if you even just try it, for week or so and then think again if you want leave this change permanent. Hope my finglish is clear enough to understand what I mean  :0m:.

-ajappat
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Re: Suggestion to server settings

Beitrag von Faust »

not a good idea.

actually we try to expand the playerbase of our beloved mod, and learning to play vanilla/pure FH2 is already difficult enough. the loss of hitindicators will only further the gap between veterans and beginners.

your idea might be worth an experiment on a lesser populated server, but as stated above i dont see an advantage by adding more difficulties to an already specialized game like FH.
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von ajappat »

Yeah, I understand that  :0k:. Too bad that your server is the only server with good almost around clock population. Even tough this change would be nice but I won't change my favourite server cos of this  :0f:
Corvax
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von Corvax »

We did "Realism-Events" back in my TDP days .. Nametags and hit-indicators where turned of for more realism. Was awesome fun to play, but it got harder to play, which showed itself in the larger rate of tk's from the "not so good" players.

I find it a bit too drastically for a permanent change, but maybe we could do something like a realism evening once a month or so. :)
Johnny2000

Beitrag von Johnny2000 »

when we would turn of tags for one evening everyone would run crazzy and scream "FH2 is bugged i cant see no  names "the whole eveing through :D

imo it is good like it is i dont care about names crosses and the red cyrcle when shooting i see if the enemy fall down or not ;)
DUFFED
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Beitrag von DUFFED »

Hello gentlemen.

Just registered after playing on your server for a long time now...

I already mentioned ingame quiet often that on the load up screen it sais- no racisstic background- (something like that)..

As far as i know it should be racist background-correct me if I am wrong. Maybe you guys already sorted it... If so forget about this!

Great Ups for providing a kick ass server.

regards DUFFED
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

Hi Duffed and welcome to our forums.
Thanks for the hint, we are already aware of that mistake and it will be corrected asap.

Have fun!
Antworten