Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Re: Situation in Japan

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Hi guys,

Sorry I was out of touch for a while.

I just came back from 48 hours in the zones worst affected by the tsunami in northeastern Japan. 1,500 kms of driving in two days  :0d:.

As a colleague pointed out, you do not know the meaning of "destruction" until you have seen the area of Rikuzen-Takada... It's impossible to describe.

I interviewed people who left in a car as the giant wave came into town, and they barely escaped while pedestrians got swept away with the buildings.

Incredible pictures and video footage...
I'll let you know if I can show some of the stuff here, but I need to write my articles first.

(btw, thanks for the suggestion of growing a third arm. I think I'll pass, but it would be a great asset in FH2)

Gub.
Bild
Catwisel
König
König

Beitrag von Catwisel »

horrible news, i wish you and your country all the best and i hope they will find a solution for the nuklear worst case scenarion.....

btw. stay safe dude!
Tulit
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Tulit »

Yep good luck Gubaru!
[align=center]Bild[/align]
hslan.StierMichl
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.StierMichl »

Ich finde es so unendlich traurig was

da abgeht. :0d:

Und dir viel Gesundheit und safety first Gubaru!!
Mit Napalm kannst du keinen Waldbrand löschen
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Thank you so much for your support.

(btw, for those of you who don't know, I'm Swiss  :smilie049:. I have been living in Japan for 9 years now.)

One thing I forgot to add: the Japanese in general, and those in the affected areas, are extremely grateful for all the help received from abroad, including Europe.

Even if this subject is no longer in the headlines, please understand that it will take many years for the fishing communities to recover. So if you have a way to help or contribute, please don't hesitate!

Right now, just as an example, the kids are getting ready to go back to school. I heard from one refugee that they are lacking essential goods such as notebooks and pencils. I will be going up there again this weekend (this time by plane to avoid driving 700 kms) and will try to bring a few items.

See you soon on the battlefield, at least as soon as the Fukushima plant gets back under minimum control.

Gub
Bild
Antworten