hslan helpdesk ;-)

Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
skullbones
Jungspund
Jungspund

bf1942 & windows 7

Beitrag von skullbones »

Hi, been awhile, can bf1942 be played on windows 7 PC safely< crash's, blue screen, internet hacks> ?  can play BF 4 no problem, but sure miss bf1942, Thanks.
At my age, I'm just glad to be anywhere...:o)
hslan.Braveheart
hslan
hslan

Re: bf1942 & windows 7

Beitrag von hslan.Braveheart »

Hi Skully, i´am glad to see you ´re still doing well , didn´t see you (on EoD Server)for a very long time.
And of course it´s possible to play Bf 42 with windows7, we all do that, only the rich ones play it with win8  :0f:.
It´s only a little bit tricky and my technical English is not good enough to explain it you now in short time.
But i´am sure ,one of the other guys will give you the instructions here on the Homepage, if not you must wait
for the Weekend , than I have  time to look for the right words  :0f: .
Many Greets
Braveheart
skullbones
Jungspund
Jungspund

Beitrag von skullbones »

Hey Brave, great to hear from you (always enjoyed being killed by you) lol, I am in no rush for the bf1942 & windows 7 info, and I can use google translate for info, no problem,
realy miss playing with hslan :0b:
At my age, I'm just glad to be anywhere...:o)
mono
Routinier
Routinier

Beitrag von mono »

Hi,

you might try the patched .exe by Team Simple*, which also enables higher resolutions and widescreen. Set the Compatibility mode to "Windows XP Compatibility" and consider running the file as Administrator. In order to find any servers you need to patch the windows hosts file. There's a tool* for that, too.

Good luck,
mono
____

* http://team-simple.org/download/
** http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1813
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Laux
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Laux »

Win98 Not Winxp compatbility.;) I will hope to meet you on the server? And I will hope the next event invite will be send on the website here in HSLAN? Happy greets to you.
Bild
hslan.Braveheart
hslan
hslan

Beitrag von hslan.Braveheart »

Sorry skully, i had no time to explain it earlier, cause i´am not a lucky pensioner like you  :0f:, I must work the whole week.
But i´am glad that mono and the others have more time :0l:
Laux, all others play with windows xp compatiliby and it works fine, but maybe Win 98 functions too...
Laux
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Laux »

[quote="hslan.Braveheart"]
Sorry skully, i had no time to explain it earlier, cause i´am not a lucky pensioner like you  :0f:, I must work the whole week.
But i´am glad that mono and the others have more time :0l:
Laux, all others play with windows xp compatiliby and it works fine, but maybe Win 98 functions too...
[/quote]

Dann ist ja gut. Hatte es falsch gemacht nach der Gamespy abschaltung. Da habe ich WinXP SP2 gemacht und nicht als Admin ausgeführt und bin ständig geflogen oder war ewig am Laden. Nachdem mir dann der PsychDad von Pixel-Fighter sagte, ich solle jeweils Häckchen auf Win 98 und Als Admin ausführen setzen.
Danach klappte alles wieder wie früher unter XP. Unter Windows 8 und 8.1 klappt das ganze auch.;-)
Bild
Antworten