Antworten
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Strange happening...

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Hello everyone,

Something strange happened to me today on HSLAN:

First of all my connection was weird, not laggy in general but if I shot a tank, it exploded like 3 seconds later.

But worse than that, one player who appeared on my side (the Allies) in the roster seemed to be in fact on the other team! As a result, every time he killed someone my HUD indicated:

[player A] teamkills [other player name] (Tiger VI)

In the roster, player A appeared as a member of squad 1 of the Allies. But of course it's impossible to tk someone in the Allied team with a Tiger...

I thought, "here we go again, another hacker" but when I described what I saw to other squad members they had no idea what I was talking about.

Is this some kind of famous bug??? Is it possible that just one player (in this case, me) gets wrong information on his roster?

It was very confusing!
Thanks in advance for the feedback  :0b:
Bild
katakulli
Mitglied
Mitglied

Re: Strange happening...

Beitrag von katakulli »

Why didn't you take screenshots? At least it would be easier to understand.
Zuletzt geändert von katakulli am 01 Jun 2010, 20:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
totaler_humbug
Kaiser
Kaiser

Beitrag von totaler_humbug »

I think that could have happend that way, that Player A killed the Tiger and next to the Tiger stood a friendly which was killed by the explosion of it. Due to the engine you see the killmessage you described. This is quite common with trucks or Kübels. I haven´t seen that with a Tiger so far, but most likely it will be that.
Bild
Bild
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Faust »

somewhat vague!

plz give us some further proof if you post incidents like this.
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

Ok, please let me try again.

1. While playing as an Ally, I noticed something very strange: an allied player (let's call him player A) was listed repeatedly in the HUD as tking with a Tiger. I thought it very strange, so I started asking questions through the chatbox.

2. IN FACT, player A was on the Axis team riding a Tiger, and it seems that I was the only one to see him as Allied. I guess that since my computer listed him as Allied, any allied soldier he killed was registered as a tk.

So I'm not accusing anybody of cheating or hacking here. I'm just wondering whether the problem I had was a connection bug or something you have heard of before. In two years playing this game, it's the first time that it happens to me.

In-game, nobody understood what the hell I was talking about (in fact they thought I was hallucinating...). I hope that you understand me better now  :0n:
Bild
Gubaru.jp
Doppel-As
Doppel-As

Oh my God!

Beitrag von Gubaru.jp »

I'm very sorry! :0d:
I meant to post this in the Support forum.

My apologies for the mistake. Is it possible to move it there?
Bild
Faust
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Faust »

ah, ok!

*moved*
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!
Kingtiger
Kaiser
Kaiser

Beitrag von Kingtiger »

I noticed your very high ping on our server and that you have a big lag when playing. Maybe that has something to do with it as well.
What Humbug is saying makes the most sence since I have seen this issue as well.
Wer andern eine Bratwurst braet der braucht ein Bratwurst Bratgeraet.
Antworten