Moderatoren: co-admin, Global Moderator

Antworten
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Some weird lagging

Beitrag von ajappat »

Hello.
I have experienced some huge lag on your server lately. It does it about every 5 to 10 minutes, and it happens for me and my 3 friends at the same time always. Its so bad that usually it just freezes and says "problem with connection" and after 10sec or so, it starts to run again. We all have 50-80 ping (from finland) so I dont believe its about that. Any ideas whats wrong  :0g:
totaler_humbug
Kaiser
Kaiser
Re: Some weird lagging

Beitrag von totaler_humbug »

When does it happen? In the least days I had no heavy lags, which could be server related.

Did you guys all have the same Internetprovider?
Bild
Bild
Johnny2000

Beitrag von Johnny2000 »

humbug I also experianced heavy lags about 2-5 each day, same discription than the other gave us
10sec, everyone on the server got it ....
vllt pfuscht da simpson wieder am server umadum  :0f:
Bulwey
Foren Gott
Foren Gott

Beitrag von Bulwey »

Hello and welcome to our foums.

Thanks for the hint, we will have a look at this. If every player experiences this, than it should be a serverside issue. But as you all 3 (from the same country) have this, this sounds to me more like a routing problem which we can do nothing about.
But we will observer this, stay tuned.
ajappat
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von ajappat »

We asked few times after lag spike did anyone else experience it and I think only 1 or 2 people replyed that they had it also. I forgot to say on my first post, that our pings never rise during this lagging. And I think we have 2 different internet providers. We live in about 15km radius from eachother so problem might ofcourse also be only local, but I cant remember any lagging on any other game...
M00SE
Tripel-As
Tripel-As

Beitrag von M00SE »

Those lags have been there ever since the server started running. It does seem though that it is only a few people who get them at any one time. 

I know when I get one there is only a few other players who also experience it at the same time. Other times I have seen players complaining of a large lag but did not have one myself. The players that I have shared a lag with have been from all different locations and not just restricted to the uk.

It`s kind of strange for only a few players to get it at any one time. That would suggest it could be an IP provider problem or even a Central Server problem. Having said that though I never get a lag like this in any other online game.

I have a feeling it could be Server Host related. The Server Host will have several IT racks feeding individual IP numbers through to whichever server has been selected. If one of these racks is faulty, whoever is connected to that particular rack will be affected.

That`s my 2 cents worth anyways  :0m:

Cheers guys.
Antworten